- - - - -

Pocket Informant 3.0 for iOS Approved - Coming TUESDAY

Posted by Alex Kac - CEO/Founder, 17 May 2013 · 3,916 views

Pocket Informant 3.0 for iOS has been approved by Apple today! Literally just about 30 minutes ago (as of the time of me writing this). We will release it to everyone on Tuesday, May 21st, 2013. 
3.0 is a FREE upgrade to people using Pocket Informant 2.x Pro. The GO! version of 3.0 will be coming in a couple weeks - we're adding the ability to do an in-app purchase of Pro from Go! (which we can do because they are both Universal - unlike the original iPhone only product). We did a special sale a week ago for $5 to help iPhone only users to get 3.0 at the difference in price between iPhone and Pro: http://webis.net/wp/...pro/300upgrade/ - we plan to do something similar again one more time in a couple weeks.

So why are we waiting until Tuesday? With any major release there are a lot of things that need to be coordinated and we want this to be a smooth release for all which gives us Monday to get everything ready.

So Tuesday it is. And what does 3.0 have that's really awesome? Lots! But I don't want to sit here and list every minute change so instead I'll just list what our primary major advances are straight from our product page (that's still being edited):
  • A brand new interface. Its simpler, easier to use, and just clear. In fact that’s what we call it: Clear.
  • Natural Language Entry support. Just create a new task or event and type in (or use Dictation to speak) phrases like “Coffee with Mom every Tuesday at 6am”. Pocket Informant will understand and set your event accordingly. Currently, only available for English. 
  • Today View - redesigned with Today/Tomorrow pages and full customizability of what to show 
  • Weather - (available as an in-app purchase) to show weather in all calendar views 
  • Checklists -  create checklists for your tasks that involve lists of stuff (like grocery shopping, packing, etc) 
  • Project Improvements - set a project template, auto-close projects, set a due date – so many new things here give power users a lot more flexibility
  • Rich Notes - we now have a full featured Rich Text editor for notes. We’ve got a lot more coming here, but today you can set styles, fonts, typefaces, lists, and more.
  • Evernote support - sync your notebooks, tags, notes, and attachments (stacks, todos and tables not supported yet) 

We are also working on 3.01 already. 3.01 continues working on improving things like ICS Task support, more work in the NLP, more user interface improvements, and especially more improvements for Evernote sync. We're adding Todo and Stacks support for Evernote. And we're going to be listening to your feedback once 3.0 is released. 

Check the 3.0 Quick Start Guide: http://webis.kayako....ick-start-guide

Check how to use NLP: http://webis.kayako....anguage-parsing

Check out all the other 3.0 Knowledgebase articles here:
http://webis.kayako....formant-for-ios

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image
  • Attached Image
  • Attached Image
  • Attached Image

Alex,

The new version sounds pretty cool!  I missed the opportunity to get the upgrade for $5 last week.  It was one of those things that slipped by me.  Can you tell me when there will be another opportunity for a sale?  I currently have the iPhone version, 2.64.02.

Also, I have a friend who would like to buy the PI app.  Anything special for those who may be considered an affiliate? 

Since the debut is this Tuesday, should he wait until then to get the latest and greatest?

Thanks!

David

Alex,

I'm really excited about version 3.0  especially evernote sync.  

I was wondering if we would be seeing an OSX version of PI later this year  that would be so cool.

PI Online works as a sync agent but just doesn't really meet the needs of a busy pastor and church.

Actually nothing on the Mac really works that great which is what we use at church and home.  A PI for

Mac would be so awesome.  I know its a lot of work to go from mobil software development to  desktop software

but the benefit to Mac users and Webis would be great.  Besides OSX and IOS are blurring the lines of development anymore 

so maybe its not as hard as it used to be.  

Blessings to you, your family and everyone at Webis

I really hope you are going to add more languages to the Natural Language Entry support feature! Is this planned?

Yup, we do plan to add more languages to NLP. The design uses special yaml files to describe each language so its designed from the beginning to support multiple languages. 

Can the Natural Language Entry be inactivated in the setting? When I try to create a task (due date as 5/22) such as "make an appt for Sat, 6/1", it automatically sets the due date to 6/1 where I wanted it to be 5/22. When I change the due date manually to 5/22, it deletes 6/1 from task title. Thank you.

Right now you can swipe to the left to deactivate it. We are working on making that remember the last setting. Also you can put brackets around the text and NLP will ignore it.

Thank you!

The new upgrade is terrific!  One question: any update on when the web version will be released? I know it's still in beta right now, but looking forward to this release.

Lyngby, DK, 25.5.2013

Using PI 2.64.02 I am somewhat confused regarding the update issue - is version 3.0 free or do I have to pay? It has been my impression that I am using the PRO-version of PI.

Alex writes "3.0 is a FREE upgrade to people using Pocket Informant 2.x Pro." and MrLibraryMan says "I missed the opportunity to get the upgrade for $5 last week."

If free will PI 3.0 appear as an update in the App Stor-app with a number in a red circle on the iPhone?

Regards

Claus A.

PI 3.0 has time zone problems which, alas, were not there in the latest 2.6x versions! I can set a time zone for the starting time of an event, Hopefully this will be sorted soon because it really kills any possibility to use PI 3! Unfortunately I need to get going with the previous version (PI 2.64 iOS) for the moment. Such a shame.

this is fixed in 3.01.

this is fixed in 3.01.

Great, thanks!

Per justpraisn's comments above....any news on the web app?  

Hello Alex,

Whenever there is a new release I feel it is my civic duty to ask for Informant Pro for Mac. To date, Informant Pro is the best, all-around, calendar planner available. It does everything and more than my Filofax paper planner can do. I keep trying to get away from my paper planner, but without Informant Pro for the Mac, no can do! Moreover, I am incessantly looking for something that works for all my devices, Mac, iPhone, and iPad. I cannot tell you the frustration of trying all the different peregrinations of calendar planners. Ugh. I still have remnants on my computer, which are like ghosts needing to be cajoled into submission and final exit from this realm. I wait patiently for PI Online, but would much rather have the app for Mac. So, bowing and smiling, I ask you ... please, won't you give us PI Informant Pro for Mac?

Sincerely and fondly~ Informant Pro-o-phile

I completely understand the desire for PI for Mac.

I agree PI Pro for Mac I hate to beg but, please,please,please. My church and ministry would really appreciate it. Besides it would blow the competition out of the water. Blessings
+1

When will have another chance for upgrade my iPhone version with below price?

http://webis.net/wp/300upgrade/

We’re have released a major update to Pocket Informant.  Version 3.0 is now available and we wanted to give all our Informant for iPhone owners a chance to get 3.0 at a fantastic price. We have come up with this fantastic sale that allows you to upgrade to Informant Pro for just $4.99 USD (the difference between Informant for iPhone and Pocket Informant Pro).

No. We've done it 3 times now to give people chances - and the last one we only got a small number taking advantage.

Lyngby, DK, 25.5.2013

Using PI 2.64.02 I am somewhat confused regarding the update issue - is version 3.0 free or do I have to pay? It has been my impression that I am using the PRO-version of PI.

Alex writes "3.0 is a FREE upgrade to people using Pocket Informant 2.x Pro." and MrLibraryMan says "I missed the opportunity to get the upgrade for $5 last week."

If free will PI 3.0 appear as an update in the App Stor-app with a number in a red circle on the iPhone?

Regards

Claus A.

http://webis.kayako....e---where-is-it

October 2014

S M T W T F S
19202122 23 2425

Search My Blog

Recent Entries

5 user(s) viewing

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Comments

Twitter