100 replies to this topic

#1 Alex Kac - CEO/Founder

Alex Kac - CEO/Founder

Owner/President/Lead iOS Engineer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19668 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 10:11 AM

eWallet for BlackBerry is finally here! It isn’t available for purchase yet, but we’re very excited to announce that you can download a Beta version of the software today! This version is a full featured version and will synchronize with eWallet 6.1.3 for Windows PC (available for download here.)

Although this is a Beta version of the application, it is extremely solid and works great. It IS a Beta though, so all the usual warnings and disclaimers apply (for instance, be sure to make a good backup of your wallet files before you start using it, use at your own risk, etc.) Again, it is extremely solid but officially it is a Beta.

In addition, while this is “full featured” this Beta version will only function for a limited time. At the end of that time you’ll need to get the full version if you wish to continue using the application.

OK, enough talk and more downloads! Here are the links you can use to download the Beta version. Both are for an EXE that you run on your desktop computer that will let you install the application to your BlackBerry. Note that I’ve included a zipped download as well because some folks’ security won’t let them download ANY EXE files.

http://www.iliumsoft...Berry_Setup.exe
http://www.iliumsoft...Berry_Setup.zip

Next up, if you decide to try this out we encourage you to give us feedback! Let us know what you like, what you don’t like, and if you run into any problems! WebIS is hosting a forum to facilitate this. You can find the forum here:

Alex Kac, CEO/Founder
- If you don't see an answer from me quickly, then know that I'm just really busy getting work done (fixing bugs, creating new features, or just plain trying to manage all of our other engineers on their projects).
- If you need a near immediate response, please contact support.

#2 gdpmumin

gdpmumin

Helpful Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 01:11 AM

This is excellent news! I had literally made the decision tonight to switch to another password application and checked Ilium's site one last time. When I saw the news, I installed eWallet immediately.

A couple of issues:

1) Scrolling is very jumpy from folder to folder in tree view. Within a single folder, scrolling from card to card is fine. But scrolling from folder to folder, or from a card to a folder, is very jumpy and slow.

2) Setting the app to display small icons caused an error. Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException. The app closes down. I can click on the app's icon, get to the password entry screen and then the error pops up every time. I uninstalled and reinstalled and the error remains. Therefore, after about 2 minutes of eWallet bliss, I am without again.

I'm using a Verizon Wireless 8330 Curve with OS 4.5.077.

#3 CMT

CMT

New User

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 02:03 AM

AWESOME!!! I have been waiting for this and I have been an eWallet/Window Mobile user for MANY YEARS, easily my most critical piece of software. When I recently moved to a BlackBerry (2 months ago), you have no idea how the lack of access to my eWallet on my phone affected me. A major tool of an IT consultant, THANKS!!!

I already had the 6.1.3 Desktop loaded (I am a registered user (years) from my Palm days to the current Windows Mobile) with my existing data file of about 871K.

The install went fine, followed the instructions for the Add-In and found my personal eWallet data file within the BB Desktop Manager (on my pc).

The synchronize seems to work fine, just very slow. Seems the eWallet portion takes 2-3minutes to synchronize when a change has been made in the data (The transfer of 871k?).

The Tree View does seem to be very sluggish browsing through my data. I switch to Small Icon view and it seems to be working fine.

I am using a Verizon Curve 8330 with the 4.5.077 OS release and Desktop Manger 4.5 on Vista

Will test much more as I use this every day and I will post my updates.

Tom

#4 gdpmumin

gdpmumin

Helpful Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 08:46 AM

Update on issue 2 of my previous post

I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it. This was the second round of that. This time, I did not sync the app to the desktop. I let it ask me if I wanted to create a sample wallet. I did, and it opened fine. I can switch between views with no problem. Then I synchronized the app. When I leave the sample app in any view other than tree view and close the app, the next time I open the app and open my real wallet, the app crashes. If I leave the sample wallet in tree view, I can switch to my wallet and use it fine. I can close and come back to the app and it will open and operate as it should (the quirky issues with tree view still there, of course).

So, at least I have access to my data. I'll be happy to help troubleshoot the problem if you need me to.

#5 Alex Kac - CEO/Founder

Alex Kac - CEO/Founder

• Admin
  • 19668 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 11:15 AM

Tree view is going to be slow on large trees. Sorry but this is a BlackBerry OS issue as far as what I'm told.

Alex Kac, CEO/Founder
- If you don't see an answer from me quickly, then know that I'm just really busy getting work done (fixing bugs, creating new features, or just plain trying to manage all of our other engineers on their projects).

#6 Alex Kac - CEO/Founder

Alex Kac - CEO/Founder

• Admin
  • 19668 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 11:59 AM

Small Icon mode exception: We cannot reproduce it, but we've added some checks in drawing code for this mode, this might help for the next build.
Sync speed: BB Desktop quite slow at this, not really our fault.
Wallet exception: can be related to the small icon mode exception, We're adding the same checks for data validity and some exception handling to all other modes.

Alex Kac, CEO/Founder

#7 Jeff Layton

Jeff Layton

New User

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 11:08 AM

YEAY! Am SO glad to have this - my Treo has been lapped by the BBerry guys & I finally had to bite the bullet.

Some initial feedback (on a Sprint 8830):
-Can't collapse the folders
-Slow to close

But the basic functionality is ALL there. THANK YOU.

Jeff Layton

#8 Jeff Marraccini

Jeff Marraccini

New User

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 02:08 PM

The eWallet for BlackBerry beta is nice :) Thanks again for the development, WebIS and Ilium!

It's nice now having wallets on the BlackBerry and the iPhone with full synchronization.

I am running into a sync issue with the current beta once in a while. Any advice on what to do with this error message from BlackBerry Desktop?

Exception in eWallet Sync [16389]:
(null)

If I remove then add a wallet to be synchronized in the BlackBerry Desktop -> Synchronize -> Add-ins -> eWallet Synchronizer I can usually work around this error, but sometimes it takes a few tries. I am not noticing any corruption or missing records. It seems to either work completely, or fail completely. It works far more than it fails, though.

This is with BlackBerry Desktop 4.6 under Windows Vista Ultimate (32 bit). eWallet is the only thing I manually synchronize with BlackBerry Desktop (other than doing backups). The PIM part of the BlackBerry is handled by a BlackBerry Enterprise Server (latest revision and maintenance release).

If there is a log I can send to Support that would help, please let me know where it is at.

Thanks again for the hard work!

Jeff

#9 Gsosa

Gsosa

New User

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 10:27 AM

I have waiting since June 2008 and I just loaded the blackberry beta...work great !!! Seamless intergation to my existing ewallet...Thank you very much, I'm a happy ewallet user.

#10 sabo18

sabo18

New User

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 12:23 PM

Hello,

It's been a long waiting for this product but finally is here. While I was waiting I was using flexwallet 2006 for blackberry.

Yesterday, I installed eWallet for blackberry on my curve 8320 v4.5. Then I imported the flexwallet file to eWallet and works great on Windows, but when I open that wallet on my device the application crash with an "java.lang.nullpointerexception" uncought exception.

I create a new wallet file with eWallet (without importing from flexwallet) and works great on my device and on windows. So I assume that there is a problem with the importing process from flexwallet file, when you open thet imported wallet on the blackberry device.

I'm also recieving the Exception in eWallet Sync [16389], every two syncs, I have to close the blackberry desktop manager and open it again so the add in could work.

If you need any other information, please let me know, I looking forward for the final release of this product.

David

#11 Alex Kac - CEO/Founder

Alex Kac - CEO/Founder

• Admin
  • 19668 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 09:56 AM

Hello,

It's been a long waiting for this product but finally is here. While I was waiting I was using flexwallet 2006 for blackberry.

Yesterday, I installed eWallet for blackberry on my curve 8320 v4.5. Then I imported the flexwallet file to eWallet and works great on Windows, but when I open that wallet on my device the application crash with an "java.lang.nullpointerexception" uncought exception.

I create a new wallet file with eWallet (without importing from flexwallet) and works great on my device and on windows. So I assume that there is a problem with the importing process from flexwallet file, when you open thet imported wallet on the blackberry device.

I'm also recieving the Exception in eWallet Sync [16389], every two syncs, I have to close the blackberry desktop manager and open it again so the add in could work.

If you need any other information, please let me know, I looking forward for the final release of this product.

David

From engineering:

The first one (exception on BB) should be solved by the next eW update.

As for the BB Desktop crash, it might have something to do with Sync API COM objects cleanup. We have the same problem with PI BB sync add-in. I cannot reproduce this on 4.2 and cannot debug on higher versions of BB Desktop (it has different architecture after 4.2 and VS does not want to connect to its process for debugging). But I'll try some things that might fix this for the next build (both eW and PI BB).

Alex Kac, CEO/Founder

#12 kobryant

kobryant

Respected Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 06:03 PM

Will this work with Bold OS 4.6. When I try to install in application loader, I get message saying no other applications for my device are found.

Kevin

#13 rbeamer

rbeamer

Respected Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 07:03 PM

Just curious. I have been a splashID user since my palm days, through my WM days, and have purchased it for the BB. I am unhappy with it and am looking for a new one but I am not going to enter all of the data again. Does this have an import function?
Bold
ATT

#14 Ross M

Ross M

New User

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 06:35 AM

10 years of using Palm with great satisfaction, then came the Treo - I will never use another Palm device again (fatal mistake was separation of Hardware and Software into different companies). I am now a BlackBerry Bold user and very happy (though there is some buggyness with the Bold OS (v4.6.0.162), but they are addressing it, unlike Palm). I am using Desktop Manager v4.6.0.12.

eWallet: eWallet loaded fine and had no problem reading my old wallet. It took me a while to realize that you can expand and collapse the tree view with the space bar, but that works fine once you know, though it would be nice to also be able to click the track ball for the same functionality. Also encountered the "Exception in eWallet Sync [16389]: (null)" error. Thanks for the work around that says close the desktop manager and re-open it to get around this error, as well as the indication that this will be fixed in the next release.

Missing feature: With 3G hand-helds like the Bold, it would be really nice if the web links would work from eWallet.

...Ross

#15 Ilium Software

Ilium Software

Respected Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 08:03 AM

Just curious. I have been a splashID user since my palm days, through my WM days, and have purchased it for the BB. I am unhappy with it and am looking for a new one but I am not going to enter all of the data again. Does this have an import function?

Hi rbeamer - you can definitely import your Splash info. Just export from Splash to a .CSV format file (I believe that is the default.) Then, open eWallet on the desktop and select Import Wizard... from the Tools menu. Follow the steps provided by the wizard and you should be ready to roll!

If you have any trouble at all, please drop our support folks a line. (support@iliumsoft.com or 888-632-5388). They'll be happy to help!

Marc Tassin
Ilium Software
Ilium Software
--------------------
info@iliumsoft.com
+1 (734) 973-9388
---------------------
http://www.iliumsoft.com

And be sure check out our blog! http://blog.iliumsoft.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users