PI 1.20 was released on Monday by Apple and we are submitting to them 1.21 either tonight or tomorrow morning (we're trying to make sure we haven't introduced NEW bugs). There were four major issues we found in 1.20 that we needed a quick update for:
French/German localization broke task date editing; Latent date formatting bug causing all 2009 dates from Monday-Friday show up as 2010 (using YYYY instead of yyyy); Calendar names being changed to -n when editing their colors; task crashes.
We had already been working on 1.21 so we got a few more things in there as well. Finally because of our auto-crash reporters we also were able to find and fix about a dozen fairly rare issues. We had already put in a few feature requests as well, though that was not our focus here.
Right now PI 1.21 is going through the beta team for testing before we submit to Apple. This last time Apple approved it in within 7 days. We are hoping for a quick turnaround again. The YYYY issues will all be fixed automatically as of the first day of 2010. The French/German crashing bug can be worked around for now by using the device in English instead.
Here is our raw change log for 1.21:
Fixed issue with recurrences also using YYYY formatAdded Requirement to type in a problem description when sending logsFix an issue with low memory viewDidUnload causing reduplication of task viewFixed French localization worksHide toolbar after view hidden in summary viewsFix low memory crashes Fix crash in observerFix Desktop Sync with Task datesDesktop sync requires version 4Fix a Google sync error with a date format YYYY needing to be yyyyFix some IPSC sync errors on behaviorfixed some behavior issues with the start/end time chooser and the "Show Due Time" switchMake Google Transparency sync with PICalBusyStatusIcon View for tasks now shows the task statusfixed issue where changing the color of a tag would incorrectly cause a -n to get added to the titlefixed issue where change one occurrence of a repeating event wouldn't sync properly if automatic sync was turned offFixed an issue where search was broken in Completed Tasks FilterChanged the -1 naming of calendars and tags to only occur on tagsAdded a time parser null checkDesktop Sync now sends task dates with T00:00:00Z at end instead of just plain dateFixed a crash when in Tasks date editor and setting due date to "None" and then tapping on "Show Due Times"Fixed a few potential crashes we got in the auto-bug reporterFixed a crash with Task date editor and French/German localizationsFixed an issue where some of the new groupings in 1.2 would not allow checking off a task or deleting it or it would crashGrouping by Context/Project now properly sortedAdded an exception to the Google Sync error handler so that if a user doesn't have permissions to change the modification on the server, we don't stop all sync foreverToodledo Sync now properly deals with the fact that Toodledo uses a noon alarm time for due dates without timesThreaded Desktop SyncFixed When using PIPE in subject, push alarms fail
Alex Kac, CEO/Founder
- If you don't see an answer from me quickly, then know that I'm just really busy getting work done (fixing bugs, creating new features, or just plain trying to manage all of our other engineers on their projects).
- If you need a near immediate response, please contact support.