58 replies to this topic

#1 Alex Kac - CEO/Founder

Alex Kac - CEO/Founder

Owner/President/Lead iOS Engineer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,819 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 10:11 PM

PI 1.20 was released on Monday by Apple and we are submitting to them 1.21 either tonight or tomorrow morning (we're trying to make sure we haven't introduced NEW bugs). There were four major issues we found in 1.20 that we needed a quick update for:
French/German localization broke task date editing; Latent date formatting bug causing all 2009 dates from Monday-Friday show up as 2010 (using YYYY instead of yyyy); Calendar names being changed to -n when editing their colors; task crashes.

We had already been working on 1.21 so we got a few more things in there as well. Finally because of our auto-crash reporters we also were able to find and fix about a dozen fairly rare issues. We had already put in a few feature requests as well, though that was not our focus here.

Right now PI 1.21 is going through the beta team for testing before we submit to Apple. This last time Apple approved it in within 7 days. We are hoping for a quick turnaround again. The YYYY issues will all be fixed automatically as of the first day of 2010. The French/German crashing bug can be worked around for now by using the device in English instead.

Here is our raw change log for 1.21:

• Fixed issue with recurrences also using YYYY format
  • Added Requirement to type in a problem description when sending logs
  • Fix an issue with low memory viewDidUnload causing reduplication of task view
  • Fixed French localization works
  • Hide toolbar after view hidden in summary views
  • Fix low memory crashes
  • Fix crash in observer
  • Fix Desktop Sync with Task dates
  • Desktop sync requires version 4
  • Fix a Google sync error with a date format YYYY needing to be yyyy
  • Fix some IPSC sync errors on behavior
  • fixed some behavior issues with the start/end time chooser and the "Show Due Time" switch
  • Make Google Transparency sync with PICalBusyStatus
  • Icon View for tasks now shows the task status
  • fixed issue where changing the color of a tag would incorrectly cause a -n to get added to the title
  • fixed issue where change one occurrence of a repeating event wouldn't sync properly if automatic sync was turned off
  • Fixed an issue where search was broken in Completed Tasks Filter
  • Changed the -1 naming of calendars and tags to only occur on tags
  • Added a time parser null check
  • Desktop Sync now sends task dates with T00:00:00Z at end instead of just plain date
  • Fixed a crash when in Tasks date editor and setting due date to "None" and then tapping on "Show Due Times"
  • Fixed a few potential crashes we got in the auto-bug reporter
  • Fixed a crash with Task date editor and French/German localizations
  • Fixed an issue where some of the new groupings in 1.2 would not allow checking off a task or deleting it or it would crash
  • Grouping by Context/Project now properly sorted
  • Added an exception to the Google Sync error handler so that if a user doesn't have permissions to change the modification on the server, we don't stop all sync forever
  • Toodledo Sync now properly deals with the fact that Toodledo uses a noon alarm time for due dates without times
  • Threaded Desktop Sync
  • Fixed When using PIPE in subject, push alarms fail

Alex Kac, CEO/Founder
- If you don't see an answer from me quickly, then know that I'm just really busy getting work done (fixing bugs, creating new features, or just plain trying to manage all of our other engineers on their projects).
- If you need a near immediate response, please contact support.

#2 KexWolf

KexWolf

Respected Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 10:36 PM

PI 1.20 was released on Monday by Apple and we are submitting to them 1.21 either tonight or tomorrow morning (we're trying to make sure we haven't introduced NEW bugs). There were four major issues we found in 1.20 that we needed a quick update for:
French/German localization broke task date editing; Latent date formatting bug causing all 2009 dates from Monday-Friday show up as 2010 (using YYYY instead of yyyy); Calendar names being changed to -n when editing their colors; task crashes.

We had already been working on 1.21 so we got a few more things in there as well. Finally because of our auto-crash reporters we also were able to find and fix about a dozen fairly rare issues. We had already put in a few feature requests as well, though that was not our focus here.

Right now PI 1.21 is going through the beta team for testing before we submit to Apple. This last time Apple approved it in within 7 days. We are hoping for a quick turnaround again. The YYYY issues will all be fixed automatically as of the first day of 2010. The French/German crashing bug can be worked around for now by using the device in English instead.

• Fix low memory crashes
  • Fix crash in observer
  • fixed some behavior issues with the start/end time chooser and the "Show Due Time" switch
  • fixed issue where changing the color of a tag would incorrectly cause a -n to get added to the title
  • fixed issue where change one occurrence of a repeating event wouldn't sync properly if automatic sync was turned off
  • Desktop Sync now sends task dates with T00:00:00Z at end instead of just plain date
  • Fixed a crash when in Tasks date editor and setting due date to "None" and then tapping on "Show Due Times"
  • Fixed an issue where some of the new groupings in 1.2 would not allow checking off a task or deleting it or it would crash
  • Added an exception to the Google Sync error handler so that if a user doesn't have permissions to change the modification on the server, we don't stop all sync forever
  • Toodledo Sync now properly deals with the fact that Toodledo uses a noon alarm time for due dates without times
  • Threaded Desktop Sync

Hi Alex,

What do you mean by Desktop sync requires version 4? This may be a dumb question so pardon me. Its just that I have not yet got Desktop Sync for Outlook until it is released shortly. So does Version 4 refer to....?

Cheers
Kevin

#3 Alex Kac - CEO/Founder

Alex Kac - CEO/Founder

• Admin
  • 19,819 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 10:50 PM

We have keyed Desktop Sync to specific versions of the protocol. This is especially important during beta so that when we improve/fix desktop sync issues we can force everyone to be using the correct version. So in this case, we found a situation where in Outlook an appt may have thousands of recurring exceptions and the resultant XML is too big to really go over the wire as one XML. So in version 4 of the protocol we added some new protocol flags to handle that. If a user runs version 1.21 with the older build of desktop sync, it will fail. This version number ensures that they work together.

Alex Kac, CEO/Founder
- If you don't see an answer from me quickly, then know that I'm just really busy getting work done (fixing bugs, creating new features, or just plain trying to manage all of our other engineers on their projects).

#4 Ronald NL

Ronald NL

Respected Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 06:01 AM

• Fix low memory crashes
  • Fix crash in observer
  • Threaded Desktop Sync

Dear Alex,

I want to thank you for your open and consequent way of communication, your steady work to improve your software and the great results you have reached so far.
For you, your family and team I wish you a healthy, successful 2010
Keep up the good work, best regards from the Netherlands

Ronald van Esch
Nolite Timere, Ego Sum

#5 Gokunama

Gokunama

Helpful Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 06:19 AM

Just thought I'd say 1.2 has been an awesome update. Email back up works well, I erased all local data and restored it via the email back up. Great alternative when Gcal sync goes down.

#6 Alex Kac - CEO/Founder

Alex Kac - CEO/Founder

• Admin
  • 19,819 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 12:11 PM

Just so everyone knows - we submitted 1.21 last night. However if we find any critical fixes to something in the next day or two, we will resubmit it to Apple. So just FYI.

Alex Kac, CEO/Founder

#7 cougarfx

cougarfx

New User

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 04:09 PM

Just so everyone knows - we submitted 1.21 last night. However if we find any critical fixes to something in the next day or two, we will resubmit it to Apple. So just FYI.

I just did the update to version 1.2 and immediately got the following error:

Push Notification Error

Error 109: Site registration has expired.

What does this mean and how can it be fixed?

#8 applejosh

applejosh

Respected Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 04:41 PM

I just did the update to version 1.2 and immediately got the following error:

Push Notification Error

Error 109: Site registration has expired.

What does this mean and how can it be fixed?

I updated earlier this week and just started getting this error. I submitted a log file to support and awaiting a (non-automated) response. Not sure there's anything to do right now.

#9 Alex Kac - CEO/Founder

Alex Kac - CEO/Founder

• Admin
  • 19,819 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 07:11 PM

The push notification issue is fixed. It was a server error with an expiration date on the server that was due today.

Alex Kac, CEO/Founder

#10 dan55

dan55

MVP Type of Guy/Gal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 11:14 AM

hi Alex.

thanks for the 1.21 update info. sounds like
a good one

cheers
dan

#11 mvossman

mvossman

Respected Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 01:14 PM

Do we know if the infinite looping problem I experienced will be fixed?

I just did an Erase resync with my Google Calendar since 1.21 seems to be slow in coming, and now I have lost off the events on PI, no doubt they will reappear when I do a proper resync with 1.21 (I hope).

Curious that my two read-only Google Calendars (a corporate one and US Holidays) sync just fine, why is this?

Is there a workaround currently? i keep checking the App Store for 1.21 in vain.

Mitch

#12 Alex Kac - CEO/Founder

Alex Kac - CEO/Founder

• Admin
  • 19,819 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 12:38 PM

The only thing sync fixed in 1.21 is the date format issue because that's the only thing I know was broken. 1.21 also fixes calendars being renamed with −1. Every log I've seen with "infinite looping" of calendars shows that its working correctly because PI pages these down. So if Google says there are, say, 1000 updated items to sync, its going to loop 10 times through the list. Now one reason you may have had 1000 items to sync may have been that date format issue.

Alex Kac, CEO/Founder

#13 Alex Kac - CEO/Founder

Alex Kac - CEO/Founder

• Admin
  • 19,819 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 02:01 PM

One bad thing I just discovered in 1.21 - sigh. If you have a task with a status of "Reference" it will crash PI on display. Why? Because during early 1.21 dev before I had to upload it to Apple quickly for the date and French/German bug fixes I had added icons for task status and I was off by one in the icon loading code and as I was rushed to get 1.21 out (this was the only real new feature in 1.21 I had added by that point) I hadn't fully tested it for every status.

Obviously I fixed this in 1.22, but still letting you know.

Alex Kac, CEO/Founder

#14 mvossman

mvossman

Respected Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 02:10 PM

One bad thing I just discovered in 1.21 - sigh. If you have a task with a status of "Reference" it will crash PI on display. Why? Because during early 1.21 dev before I had to upload it to Apple quickly for the date and French/German bug fixes I had added icons for task status and I was off by one in the icon loading code and as I was rushed to get 1.21 out (this was the only real new feature in 1.21 I had added by that point) I hadn't fully tested it for every status.

So if I let my PI "infinite loop" 100 or so items at a time, it's not really infinite - it may stop eventually? No way do I have hundreds of items on my calendar though. Will try starting from scratch with a new calendar, maybe there's something corrupted on the Google side.

And about 1.21 - it is not available yet on the App Store is it? If it is, it's not showing up for me yet.

Mitch

P. S. Just added a new calendar with a different gmail account (something I was intending to do anyway) and it worked properly.... EXCEPT that the old one that got changed to the "-1" suffix and does the infinite looping has a different logo to the left of it - the PI logo. The new one, that is working, has a smaller PI logo with the big Google "G" on it. What does this mean? And how do I get rid of the unneeded old calendar?

#15 Alex Kac - CEO/Founder

Alex Kac - CEO/Founder

• Admin
  • 19,819 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 02:13 PM

So if I let my PI "infinite loop" 100 or so items at a time, it's not really infinite - it may stop eventually? No way do I have hundreds of items on my calendar though. Will try starting from scratch with a new calendar, maybe there's something corrupted on the Google side.

It should yes. At least in the logs I've seen from people it DOES stop eventually, but because its so much data it can also take a few extra seconds for the SQLIte database to flush to disk and write itself out.

And about 1.21 - it is not available yet on the App Store is it? If it is, it's not showing up for me yet.

No, its not yet. I'm just letting people know before hand as Apple has it in its hands.

Alex Kac, CEO/Founder

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users