64 replies to this topic

#16 Djblois

Djblois

Very Active User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:40 AM

I understand Alex, my last comment was not against you - it was more directed toward Google. I think it is more important on Android Phones as they are large because list views look terrible in Landscape due to the larger screen they just look stretched.

#17 RafaSan

RafaSan

Helpful Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:42 AM

Hi Alex, Yesterday I received my Motorola Xoom and have a Question, I can Install the PI on it, some restriction ? some bug ? God idea install it or waiting for PI Honeycomb version.

Appreciate you comments

#18 Alex Kac - CEO/Founder

Alex Kac - CEO/Founder

Owner/President/Lead iOS Engineer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19612 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:01 AM

You can install the latest version and it will run. Not until 1.1 though will there be a HC specific version.

Alex Kac, CEO/Founder
- If you don't see an answer from me quickly, then know that I'm just really busy getting work done (fixing bugs, creating new features, or just plain trying to manage all of our other engineers on their projects).
- If you need a near immediate response, please contact support.

#19 JDRiggs

JDRiggs

New User

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 04:03 PM

Guys, I'm sure this isn't the right place and that this is a dumb question, but here it goes.

I"m a PI user from way back when (HP 4700, PI was just beautiful).

So, I installed today on my new Xoom. I understand about the UI and everything not being optimized. The problem I'm having is how do I pull up the menu to work on my settings? I can't find that anywhere. Help! Please.

#20 carbonRX8

carbonRX8

New User

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 05:11 AM

Guys, I'm sure this isn't the right place and that this is a dumb question, but here it goes.

I"m a PI user from way back when (HP 4700, PI was just beautiful).

So, I installed today on my new Xoom. I understand about the UI and everything not being optimized. The problem I'm having is how do I pull up the menu to work on my settings? I can't find that anywhere. Help! Please.

Not a dumb question. I am pretty sure that the settings button disappeared on the last minor update. I luckily set up my calendar prior to this.

In any case, PI guys, please check the settings button on the honeycomb, particularly the xoom.

Thanks!

#21 Alex Kac - CEO/Founder

Alex Kac - CEO/Founder

• Admin
  • 19612 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 07:53 AM

If you look at the screenshots in another thread, the next release of PI is designed for Honeycomb.

Alex Kac, CEO/Founder
- If you don't see an answer from me quickly, then know that I'm just really busy getting work done (fixing bugs, creating new features, or just plain trying to manage all of our other engineers on their projects).

#22 carbonRX8

carbonRX8

New User

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 09:44 AM

Oh! Great Alex. I had just assumed that it was already a go for HC from the description on the "PI for android" page. In anycase, PI was (and kinda is) working great on my Xoom. Only real issue is that the settings button disappeared and now I cant call up my different calenders. This sort of app is far more functional on a tablet than a phone, even one with as big a screen as the droidx. Also, I have to say that while the iPad version is pretty, the android version is much more intuitive, useful and user friendly. I cant WAIT until it is ready for HC.

I cannot find any screenshots that you are referring to. Could you post a link?

Hears to hoping for cool widgets!

#23 Alex Kac - CEO/Founder

Alex Kac - CEO/Founder

• Admin
  • 19612 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 09:50 AM

We did some work in 1.0x to make it usable on Honeycomb, but its not setup for HC. Here are some screenshots. Please note that they are still very much in-progress. We have not even begun beta-testing these builds yet. So they are just snapshots of where we are at right now.

Attached Thumbnails

• device-1.png
  • device-2.png
  • device-3.png
  • device-4.png
  • device-5.png

Alex Kac, CEO/Founder

#24 carbonRX8

carbonRX8

New User

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 10:18 AM

We did some work in 1.0x to make it usable on Honeycomb, but its not setup for HC. Here are some screenshots. Please note that they are still very much in-progress. We have not even begun beta-testing these builds yet. So they are just snapshots of where we are at right now.

That is beautiful!!

In the mean time, can us Xoom users have the "settings"/"menu" button back so that we can configure the more spartan, but highly functional version that we have now??

#25 tigrev

tigrev

Respected Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 11:57 AM

Holy cow, those are gorgeous! :o

Can't wait for PI 1.1 - any idea of the timeframe? Also, are you still on track to include PI Outlook sync in 1.1?

#26 Alex Kac - CEO/Founder

Alex Kac - CEO/Founder

• Admin
  • 19612 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 12:53 PM

Its been renamed to PI 1.5. Timeframe - I try not to give those out anymore :)

Alex Kac, CEO/Founder

#27 NikonUser

NikonUser

New User

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 12:40 AM

I know you don't like to give out time frames, and that's fair enough...

But I am very much looking forward to this next version as I find the UI in every calendar app available for Honeycomb to be quite lacking...

Could you at least give us a small hint as to how long we could be waiting for this next release? Weeks? Months? Years (please don't let it be years).

Paul

#28 Alex Kac - CEO/Founder

Alex Kac - CEO/Founder

• Admin
  • 19612 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 12:19 PM

I don't have a set schedule on it. Its being worked on full time by two engineers and we have a goal for summer. But when its done, it'll be done :)

Alex Kac, CEO/Founder

#29 R Monk

R Monk

New User

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 10:54 AM

In the meantime, how can we access PI settings in Honeycomb?

#30 Alex Kac - CEO/Founder

Alex Kac - CEO/Founder

• Admin
  • 19612 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 11:22 AM

Unfortunately there isn't any way until we issue an update.

Alex Kac, CEO/Founder

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users