The Best Calendar for Mac OSX is more than just a calendar. Informant for Mac is a complete planner / agenda / organizer with Calendar, Tasks, Projects, and is compatible with Informant for iOS and Informant for Android (Sync Subscription required).
Tabbed Interface with SearchOur tabbed interface lets you work with as many tabs as you wish, with each tab showing your choice of calendar view or tasks view. Search any event, task, or note from the top right with the search field. Search options allow you to narrow or widen your search to only show what you need. Elegant and powerful.
Rich Text Notes
Synchronize with Informant Sync, Toodledo, and Evernote. Our Rich Text Notes editor lets you record audio notes and style rich text notes to your hearts content.
Note: We do not sync with Apple Notes as Apple does not yet offer any integration points for Apple Notes
Task Smart FiltersSmart Filters are a powerful innovation unique to Informant. They let you create your own filters for tasks with a powerful rule editor – similar to how Apple Mail filters work. You can create filters for tasks in a specific project with a status or specific importance. Whatever you are looking for – our Smart Filters can help you organize your tasks!
Informant Today Menu
Tap on the Informant icon in the menu bar to quickly bring up a “Focus View” and see what’s happening at a glance. Pick any date you want to display, and enter new events or tasks using the Quick Entry line. Setup a hotkey to bring up our Natural Language Entry-based Quick Entry screen and create new events or tasks as quickly as you can type them. Drag the popover and it detaches into a calendar window you can have running all the time.
You can trust Informant with all your daily tasks. With Quick Entry, adding tasks is a snap. Filter, group, tag, and categorize your tasks however you like. Includes full support for projects, contexts, subtasks, checklists and multi-level subtasks.
Informant has always been known to be a powerhouse due to its customizability. We give you plenty of options to affect the appearance of your events, tasks, and notes so you can show as little or as much information as you like. Use colors or icons to better identify types of events, tasks, and notes; setup default alarms or default due/start dates – we have designed an easy to use and understand set of customization options to let you tweak everything to your heart’s desire
Drag and DropDrag and drop events and tasks to any date on our side-bar mini-month or in the calendar views; events to new calendars; tasks between groups or to a new project/tag/context; and more!
Colors and IconsColor your calendar days to indicate days without using an event. Assign a specific color or icon to an event, task, or note to make it stand out or indicate something special.
Quick EntryAssign shortcuts to Quick Entry and quickly create new events or tasks using your natural language entry – or create new Notes at any time.
Using Google Calendar – Informant can add and notify attendees of meetings.
Informant today is a production-level quality calendar and tasks application that is ready to give you loads of productivity improvements today! We are currently on Milestone 8 and are working on Milestone 9. Milestone 9 will be our final release before 1.0.
Whats new in milestone 8:
- Notes are now part of Informant Desktop – including Audio Notes, Evernote Sync, Pinned Notes, Notes Quick Entry, Note Search and an optional notes section in Focus View
- You can now create and edit Task Smart Filters
- Added Manage Calendars and Manage Tags windows
- Contents of each day in the Stacked Week view are now scrollable
- Stacked Week View now offers new display options
- Stacked Week view now shows location information for events
- Several visual improvements to Stacked Week view to make it visually more consistent with other calendar views (no more shadows, days are edge-to-edge, thinner font for headers, etc)
- Added week numbers to Year View and mini-months (when ISO Week Numbers are turned on in preferences)
- Alarms for Apple Calendar/Reminders are now handled by Informant
- Focus View now allows Drag and Drop to the mini month
- You can now drag events, tasks and notes out of the Focus View Sidebar onto a calendar view
- Sidebar mini months now show you the currently visible date range in the current calendar view
- Added separate “first day of week” settings between Days and Stacked Week view
- Changed the “all day” style for Stacked week view to no longer use a bubble (multi day all day events are repeated on each day they occur)
- Month View now uses “past event” styling for events on “today” if their end time is in the past
- Added Rich Text Editing for Events/Tasks
- Added support for HTTP Realm Authentication for Subscribed Calendars
- Show End Time as you drag-resize in Days View
- New Start/End Date pickers available in the contextual menu for a task
- Added option for starting the Informant Help at login
- Added Weather Detail by clicking on any weather icon (or double clicking the Focus View)
- Double clicking on the Days View Title opens the Focus View
- Added option for font size of the Focus, Task, Note rows
- Informant Today now has a heat map enabled (right click on the month to turn it off)
- Dragging a task outside of Informant will export it
- Location search now finds Contacts as well (El Capitan only)
- You can now create Apple Calendars within Informant and we do a better job of auto-selecting a sync account
- You can now apply priorities to a single or multiple tasks in the context menu, along with the beginning of Franklin Covey support
- Localization updates
- You can now filter the Sidebar Focus View. The filter is shared across all tabs
Milestone 8Introductory Price
- Get Informant running on your Mac today
- Free upgrades through all 1.x releases
- Frequent updates with new features being regularly added.
- Separate Beta/Production Releases being made regularly. Be the first on the block to give feedback.
Prior to 1.0, Informant for macOS was available as an “early access” release – multiple production-quality milestones leading up to near-feature parity with our wildly popular Informant for iOS
- Once we complete all major milestones, Informant for macOS will reach “1.0” status and it will move from introductory pricing to our regular price.