The Best Calendar for macOS is more than just a calendar. Informant for macOS is a complete planner / agenda / organizer with Calendar, Tasks, Projects, and syncs with Informant for iOS and Informant for Android (Sync Subscription may be required for syncing Informant only data).
Tabbed Interface with SearchOur tabbed interface lets you work with as many tabs as you wish, with each tab showing your choice of calendar view or tasks view. Search any event, task, or note from the top right with the search field. Search options allow you to narrow or widen your search to only show what you need. Elegant and powerful.
Rich Text Notes
Synchronize with Informant Sync, Toodledo, and Evernote. Our Rich Text Notes editor lets you record audio notes and style rich text notes to your hearts content.
Note: We do not sync with Apple Notes as Apple does not yet offer any integration points for Apple Notes
Task Smart FiltersSmart Filters are a powerful innovation unique to Informant. They let you create your own filters for tasks with a powerful rule editor – similar to how Apple Mail filters work. You can create filters for tasks in a specific project with a status or specific importance. Whatever you are looking for – our Smart Filters can help you organize your tasks!
Informant Today Menu
Tap on the Informant icon in the menu bar to quickly bring up a “Focus View” and see what’s happening at a glance. Pick any date you want to display, and enter new events or tasks using the Quick Entry line. Setup a hotkey to bring up our Natural Language Entry-based Quick Entry screen and create new events or tasks as quickly as you can type them. Drag the popover and it detaches into a calendar window you can have running all the time.
You can trust Informant with all your daily tasks. With Quick Entry, adding tasks is a snap. Filter, group, tag, and categorize your tasks however you like. Includes full support for projects, contexts, subtasks, checklists and multi-level subtasks.
Informant has always been known to be a powerhouse due to its customizability. We give you plenty of options to affect the appearance of your events, tasks, and notes so you can show as little or as much information as you like. Use colors or icons to better identify types of events, tasks, and notes; setup default alarms or default due/start dates – we have designed an easy to use and understand set of customization options to let you tweak everything to your heart’s desire
Drag and DropDrag and drop events and tasks to any date on our side-bar mini-month or in the calendar views; events to new calendars; tasks between groups or to a new project/tag/context; and more!
Colors and IconsColor your calendar days to indicate days without using an event. Assign a specific color or icon to an event, task, or note to make it stand out or indicate something special.
Quick EntryAssign shortcuts to Quick Entry and quickly create new events or tasks using your natural language entry – or create new Notes at any time.
Using Google Calendar – Informant can add and notify attendees of meetings.
Informant today is a production-level quality calendar and tasks application that is ready to give you loads of productivity improvements today! We are currently on Milestone 8.5 and are working on Milestone 9. Milestone 9 will be our final release before 1.0.
Whats new in milestone 8.5:
- You can now re-order sections in the Focus view (this is done in Focus View Preferences)
- The Today/Focus menu is now a “tear off” menu. You can open it from the menu bar, then drag it to wherever you want. You can edit this Today tear off in the Preferences>>Focus.
- You can now drag/drop between the “Today/Focus Menu” and the main app
- You can now drag / drop notes (into a project, tag, mini-month, etc)
- Month and Stacked Week view now support multi-select drag and drop. (click Command to select multiple)
- You can now select a mix of items in a calendar view (events, tasks, notes) and delete them all at once
- You can now right-click on a backup (in Advanced Preferences) to show that backup in the Finder
- We have standardized on the term “Projects” for both notes and tasks. Before, we would inconsistently use the term “Notebooks” or “Projects” when you were on the Notes view.
- Projects can now be designated as allowing “Notes Only”, “Tasks Only” or both. Certain sync accounts only support specific data types, so in those cases, the editor locks you into a single choice. Likewise, Toodledo only supports mixed projects, so the editor restricts Toodledo projects to “both”. Informant Sync supports projects being in any of those 3 states. When a project is “Tasks Only”, it will not show at all in the Notes view (and vice-versa).
- Time zones now appear in the sidebar for calendars locked to a specific time zone
- Visual Improvements to the time zone picker when editing a calendar
- The event editor now supports specifying time zones when creating/editing an event
- Month and Stacked Week view now show the time zone on an event when that event is on a calendar locked to a specific time zone
- When grouping by project, the task view now sorts tasks in a sequential project according to the user-specified sequence
- Making a child task (via command-return) now sets the priority of the child to match the parent
- Completed checklist items always show regardless of your “show completed tasks” setting. This is consistent behavior with Informant on iOS.
- New & Improved logic for automatic “Next Action” handling on sequential projects:
- Parent / child tasks are treated more like “sub-projects” now. If you set a parent task to “Active”, then the first subtask will become the Next Action.
- This means you can now have multiple next actions within a given project (the first task in the project along with the first subtask of each “active” parent task)
- During automatic Next Action promotion, if the first task in a project is a parent task, it will now set that parent task to Active and the first subtask will become the Next Action
- Next Action promotion now stops if it hits a task that is in the Hold or Planning status
Click here for a list of remaining differences in functionality between Informant for macOS (milestone 8.5) & Informant for iOS.
Milestone 8.5Introductory Price
- Get Informant running on your Mac today
- Free upgrades through all 1.x releases
- Frequent updates with new features being regularly added.
- Separate Beta/Production Releases being made regularly. Be the first on the block to give feedback.
Prior to 1.0, Informant for macOS was available as an “early access” release – multiple production-quality milestones leading up to near-feature parity with our wildly popular Informant for iOS
- Once we complete all major milestones, Informant for macOS will reach “1.0” status and it will move from introductory pricing to our regular price.